- Explore and understand the system within which STEM K–12 teachers are prepared by focusing on three wicked problems faced by many programs:
- Enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in K–12 STEM teacher preparation
- Preparing and supporting all elementary teachers to be teachers of STEM
- Creating interdisciplinary and culturally sustaining secondary STEM teacher preparation programs
- Explore how potential changes to system variables might affect your STEM teacher preparation program;
- Learn from colleagues’ experiences about changes they have made and surface new ways you can influence positive changes at your institution;
- Identify, prioritize, and collaborate on specific, planned actions to improve your STEM teacher preparation program;
- Join a network of colleagues facing similar challenges from around the country.
There is no cost to attend. To incentivize and acknowledge the inclusion of diverse perspectives and expertise, the first 25 teams that meet guidelines outlined in "HOW does my team apply for a stipend?" will be eligible to apply for up to $2,000 to support team member participation. Applications for funding will open as soon as conference registration begins.
This conference is supported in part by a grant from the National Science Foundation (DUE-1625566).